Dear Friends of ETC,
We wanted to take this opportunity to share with you in greater detail about our new building project and why we need to expand. It’s a critical time for us in moving forward and we need your help to complete the project. We humbly ask for you to pray about how you can be part of this exciting initiative.
ETC Brief History and Current Statistics
ETC began its ministry during the Marxist rule (1974-1991) when the Church in Ethiopia was growing tremendously. Seeing the lack of trained leaders, the college was established in 1983.
Classes began in January 1984 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with 17 students from 11 local churches. Full accreditation as a Bible College was given in 1994.
ETC moved in 1995 to its current location, a shared facilities compound with IEC (the International Evangelical Church). The college facilities now includes ten classrooms, administrative and faculty offices, a lounge, a split-level library, and a chapel.
The purpose of ETC is to is to prepare servants for vocational and non-vocational ministry that expands and matures the church in Ethiopia and beyond, by equipping the head (knowledge); the heart (Christian character); and the hands (skills).
Currently, ETC trains students in …
- Associate of Theology
- Bachelor of Theology (Addis and Hawassa)
- Master of Arts in Holistic Child Development
- Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
Currently, the ETC faculty and student body represents almost all denominations and church groups in Ethiopia (over 40). Students have also come from Eritrea, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Namibia, Botswana, Norway, Korea, USA, and China.
What our students do after graduation…
- Pastors and Counselors (12%)
- Theological Education (31%)
- Evangelists and Missionaries (13%)
- Church Administration (18%)
- Christian Literature and Translation (5%)
- Other areas of ministry both full-time and part-time (21%)
- ETC is at full capacity!
- Educational growth and the improvement of existing academic standards is being affected
- Shortage of office space
- The library serves 400 current students, over 1000 alumni; current library capacity is 75!
THE NEW PROPERTY AND BUILDING PLAN
A 2000 square meter piece of land was purchased in 2008 in a prime location (around Mexico Square, not far from ETC’s current location). In order to accommodate the future needs of ETC, the decision was made to construct a 13-story building and construction is underway!
The new 13-story building will have four floors dedicated to classrooms and office space. There will be an expanded and improved library and conference rooms. Three upper floors will be dedicated to dormitories for students and a guesthouse for visitors. The new building will also have a parking area, cafeteria and rentable office space, so costs can be sustainable in a short amount of time.
- The new building will help ETC equip more ministers in undergraduate and graduate programs (over 600 students) to meet the growing needs of the churches for trained leadership
- The guest house/dormitory facilities and the high quality classrooms, seminar rooms and lecture halls will enable us to run modular masters level programs for students coming from different parts of the country and outside of Ethiopia and to host international guest faculty.
- The new facilities will enable us to organize and host more local, national, and international conferences that will expand our ministry horizon.
- By renting out our facilities when they are not in use, this will help us generate funds that will greatly enhance the financial capacity of ETC and improve our ministry and make ETC financially sustainable.
- The income generated from the building will enable us to attract and maintain a good quality faculty and staff because we will be able to pay reasonable salaries.
- We will be able to offer more scholarships to needy students.
We need IMMEDIATE help to move forward this project!!!
We are looking for PARTNERS (individuals, families, churches, organizations/foundations)…
- Partners who will commit to pray for this project.
- Partners who will commit to financially give one time or monthly.
KEY DEADLINES THAT WE NEED TO MEET
We can have an ETC staff member visit you or your church to share more and discuss partnership opportunities in late July or early August of 2016, as travel and schedules permit. Please email us to let us know if this is something you’d like to arrange.
Thank you so much for your consideration of partnership with us. Please contact us for more information. The ways you can financially give to our building project is explained below.
May God help us finish this project together for the glory of His kingdom. Amen!
God’s blessings to each of you!
WAYS TO GIVE
You can directly transfer into the ETC account in Ethiopia using the following information:
Wire transfers to:
Awash International Bank, Africa Andinet Branch
P. O. Box 12638, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel 251 113716593,
Account Name: Evangelical Theological College
Account number: C/A 0130427604300,
Swift Code: AWINETAAXXX
For Tax-Deductible Contributions you can use our Hope Ethiopia partner by using the following information:
A. You can write a check - Please make it payable to Hope Ethiopia, Inc. and specify the donation is for the Evangelical Theological College of Addis Ababa. Their address is:
B. You can also give online using the following option:
Go to website http://www.hopeethiopia.org/
Use the link “ways to support” and JustGive.org
Click on "Program" and then select "Other" from the drop down box, and then enter ETC in the box. That will ensure that we credit the donation to ETC