The need for Expansion
ETC’s students, the faculty and staff members are accommodated in a two storey building with only eight, medium-sized classrooms on the ground floor and nine rather small offices on the first floor. To expand ETC into a medium size college (600-1000 Students), considerable additional facilities are needed. The International Evangelical Church (IEC), with whom ETC shares the compound and facilities, is also growing. Presently it is impossible to meet all the educational needs and requests of both IEC and ETC because of the huge limitations in its facilities.
What has been done to Address the Need
God has provided for us 2000 sq. m property in a prime location. We are now planning to maximize the use of this prime land by building a 13 storey multi-purpose building to meet our growing need for more space and to generate sustainable income for ETC. The standard for the kind of building we are required to construct on the land was specified by the government. The minimum height of the building is 7 storey and the maximum is 15. Since the land is not big, ETC has decided to build 13 storey building to maximize the use of this prime land. Developing the new campus will enable us:
- To equip more ministers in undergraduate and graduate programs to meet the growing needs of the churches for trained leadership.
- The guest house/dormitory facilities and the high quality classrooms, seminar rooms and lecture halls will enable us to run modular masters level programs for students coming from different parts of the country and outside of Ethiopia and to host international guest faculty.
- The new facility will enable us to organize and host, local, national, and international conferences that will expand our ministry horizon.
- By renting out our facilities when they are not in use will help us to generate funds that will greatly enhance the financial capacity of ETC and improve our ministry.
- The income generated from the building will enable us to attract and maintain a good quality of faculty and staff because we will be able to pay reasonable salaries.
Estimated Project Cost
|Phase 1||3,840 sq. m||$ 1,963,661|
|Phase 2||3,967 sq. m||$ 2,028,108|
|Phase 3||1,056 sq. m||$ 540,082|
|Sub-total||8,863 sq. m||$ 4,531,851|
|Five percent for site works||$ 226,592.55|
|Total||8,863 sq. m||$ 4,758,443,55|
|Contingency (10 percent)||$ 475,844.35|
|Grand Total||8,863 sq. m||$ 5,234,287.91|