The Master of Arts (M.A.) in Educational leadership prepares practicing educators for theological institutions and Christian school leaders and administrators who will be positioned for instructional leadership in Ethiopia and beyond. The program provides professional growth opportunities for Christian Educators in the field of Christian institutions educational leadership. The program may be completed in two to three years. Those students who will come as full-time can complete the program in two years and those who come as part-time can complete the program in three years.
The curriculum for this program provides opportunities to develop knowledge, skills, and disposition in the broad scope of Christian school leadership and administrative responsibilities. These includes leadership theory, governance in higher education, faculty and staff supervision/development, curriculum design and development, research methodology, strategic planning, school law, budget and financial principles in educational institutions.
The following are the general objectives for the program.
- Candidates will demonstrate the ability to apply the principles of a Christian philosophy throughout all educational endeavors.
- Candidates will demonstrate the ability to apply the principles of biblical foundations of curriculum, teaching and learning theory, and the nature and need of the learner.
- Candidates will demonstrate an intentionality to create a climate conducive for spiritual formation within the learning community.
- Candidates will develop the ability to employ research procedures to solve problems with in educational institutions.
- Candidates will develop proficiency to apply measurement theory in assessing student learning outcomes.
- Candidates will develop commitment to the enduring elements of Christian education and can articulate them for diverse audience.
- Candidates will develop commitment to biblical and professional character traits.
For more information regarding the admissions process, and to download application forms, please visit the admissions page.