The Master of Arts in Holistic Child Development (MA-HCD) program is designed to give men and women thorough preparation for providing a holistic ministry for children in Ethiopia and beyond. The program equips the graduates to work directly with children in church educational ministries, child evangelism organizations, professional institutions (schools, health and rehabilitation centers, NGOs, etc), mission agencies focused on ministry to children and families, and also teach in Christian higher education settings.
General objectives of the program
The general objectives of the program are as follows:
- The graduate will have knowledge in biblical, theological, and professional areas sufficient to lead and/or be persons of influence in children ministries in the church and other related institutions.
- The graduates will have developed a heart, an attitude and personality that take children and children related issues seriously as God sees and takes them.
- The graduate will understand and value the administrative and leadership dimensions of ministry based on solid biblical and theological foundations.
- The graduate will develop the necessary skills in designing, implementing, and assessing child-based ministry.
- The graduate will engage in a supervised child-based ministry experience developing skill in ministry leadership, and the understanding necessary to integrate and apply ministry theory.
- The graduate will have demonstrated mature Christian character by promoting church unity, being willing to serve at any level, and by meeting general spiritual qualifications of an elder in a church.
- The graduate will possess the practical skills sufficient for advocating and/or leading the child related ministries of the church and other child related organizations.
- The graduate of the Master of Arts in Holistic Child Development (MA-HCD) understands the Biblical theology of children and children ministry becoming the voices for children in sensitizing, challenging and equipping the church, the community, and people directly responsible for children.
- The graduate develops the skill for child evangelism and discipleship. They also have a grasp of the principles for Biblical parenting. The students demonstrate the capacity to design intervention strategies for vulnerable children.
- The graduate can also recognize the children with disabilities and those suffering from different trauma and can provide support and intervention strategies to alleviate their circumstance.
For more information regarding the admissions process, and to download application forms, please visit the admissions page.